Starting CASCON from Windows Command Line
This article discusses how to use CASCONCMD.EXE and CASCONATE.EXE to execute CASCON test and in-system programming applications from the Microsoft Windows command line.
C:\CASCONCMD /U”MY UUT” /T”Infrastructure” /RW<br>
C:\CASCONCMD “/UMY UUT” /TInfrastructure /RW<br>
C:\CASCONCMD /UMyUUT /TInfrastructure /RW<br>
Related settings in the CASCON software
C:\CASCONCMD /U"C:\GOEPEL\projects\MY UUT” /TInfrastructure /RW<br>
- The CASCON project should be functional and hardware properly connected prior to executing CASCONCMD.
- CASCONCMD will not execute if another CASCON instance is already running.
- A “virtual pass” is possible if the controller hardware (e.g. SFX controller, or ScanBooster) is not set up in CASCON, or if a “blank” Tester Configuration is used in CASCON (for software debugging purposes, in case the controller hardware is not available, for example).
- It is recommended to use either the /RW or /RV option initially in order to obtain visual confirmation that the tests are being executed.
- For more advanced functionality, please consider using the CASCON API (CASREFn32.DLL).
|s||Starting and initializing CASCON|
|u <uut>|| Selecting the project
<uut> is the project name including file path;
In the case of missing path specification, the Projects Directory will be set automatically.
|p <int>|| Setting the active UUTs, that are defined to be tested in parallel using CASCON
<int> is an integer-coded bit string: MSB – UUTmax to LSB – UUT1
| -w <x-pos, y-pos, width, high>
|| Opening the CASCON Project Inspector (Production Window)
<x-pos, y-pos, width, high> are specifications of position and size
|-cw||Closing the CASCON Project Inspector (Production Window)|
|-tc <config>|| Selecting the active Tester Configuration
<config> is the name of the Tester Configuration
|t <test>|| Setting the CASCON test
<test> is the test name in string format
|xt||Executing the set test|
|b <batch>|| Setting the batch
<batch> is the batch name in string format
|xb||Executing the set batch|
|snr|| Transferring the serial number to the CASCON UUT;
The serial number is defined via input dialog
|snr=<snr> [, <snr>]|| Transferring the serial number to the CASCON UUT;
<snr> is the serial number from the call option;
If multiple UUTs are tested, the corresponding number of serial numbers must be specified.
You can also start CasconATE without any parameters, in which case a Window would pop up displaying all possibly parameter options.
CasconATE.exe –s // Start CASCON CasconATE.exe –u EZScan_Board // Select UUT CasconATE.exe –p 13 // Select parallel testing // 13 = 1101B for UUT1, 3 and 4 CasconATE.exe –t Intercon –xt // Select and execute test CasconATE.exe –b complete –xb // Select and execute batch CasconATE.exe –c // Close CASCON